Vaping has become a huge problem over recent years and i’m seeing more and more clients to end this. It’s important to be aware of these five things BEFORE you event attempt to quit vaping if you want it to be a permanent success. Here they are …
1) YOUR COMMITMENT NEEDS TO BE HUGE!!! even more so than a cigarette smoker. This is for the following four reasons below. It’s not enough to just really really want to quit vaping. Of course you want to quit, otherwise you wouldn’t be reading this. But in order to get the job done, you have to be committed to do what it takes to quit. This takes a commitment to doing what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you. Let me repeat this profound definition of commitment again. Commitment is doing what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you. This is obviously a key ingredient with any health and wellness goal you want to achieve. But now let me mention the four things that make quitting vaping permanently a challenge. When you’re aware of these things, you can plan for them.
2) NO ‘DISGUST’ FACTOR. You probably know what I mean by this. Cigarette smoking has a big ‘disgust factor’, meaning that most people who come to me to stop smoking cigarettes with hypnosis often tell me how much they are disgusted by the taste, the stink on fingers, hair, clothes, breath. Often my tobacco smoking clients are horrified and just over having to clean ash trays, they’re over the smell in their car and are just embarrassed at the smell on themselves around other people like partners, their kids, employees or customers. But this isn’t the case with vaping. You’re not experiencing any of this if your vaping. Its in fact seen as a big ‘bonus’ reason to vape, but it’s working against you when you get to the point where you want to quit.
3) COST. Even if you’re vaping constantly from the moment you open your eyes in the morning until the moment you go to sleep, there is no way you’re spending anywhere near as much as a cigarette smoker. My usual pack-a-day cigarette smoking client is spending about $350 to $450 A WEEK on cigarettes. Thats a MASSIVE $23,000 a year! Mind blowing right? Vaping however, is probably costing you less than a third of this. So there goes that as a motivating factor for quitting. Not many of my vaping clients have ‘save the money’ up in the top 3 or 4 reasons for quitting
4) CONVENIENCE. Its just so dam easy to do it almost any where, any time! I’ve had clients tell me they do it blowing it under their shirts in their office, on planes, trains, busses and even in the bathroom. Can you relate? A cigarette smoker has to be inconveneinced by getting up, leaving the building and going outside, usually far far away to have their cigarette. No so for vaping. Hence, its so much easier to get addicted to that hand-to-mouth action simply because you’re doing that action so much more than a cigarette smoker. So there goes that as a reason for quitting as well.
5) COMPLACENCY. Its for the above four reasons why one of the biggest causes for relapse can get you when you’ve quit – complacency! Once you’ve gone a while without vaping, because it isn’t disgusting, costs very little and you can pretty much do it any where any time, its way to easy to fall into the trap of thinking ‘one little puff won’t hurt’ and then BANG! you’re hooked again in no time! This is something you just have to be aware of. The best way to quit vaping permanently is to hire a professional that isn’t just going to help get rid of the urge to vape (the easy part with hypnosis), but load you up full of post session support tools that you can occasionally use long into the future to help make sure you never get complacent again when stressed or drinking alcohol. Thats what I give my clients and if a hypnotherapist isn’t giving you a bunch of post session support tools, chances are you’re not going to quite permanently. Its as simple as that really.
Please comment, let me know what you thoughts or ask me any questions below. Show you care and please share. Feel free to call me directly any time on 1300 883 272.